Inspiration, Ideas, Tips and Strategies, by Always Healthy Mom

Friday, January 21, 2011

Salad Love




I love salads! Salads with fruit, salads with veggies, you name it, I love it! I want to share my most recent fabulous find! A friend of mine shared this with me, and I can’t stop eating it!
You will need:
·        2 tbsp. Olive oil
·        1 tbsp.Honey
·        2 tsp. Lemon
·        1 clove Garlic
·        4 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
·        Sliced Apple
·        Crumbled goat cheese
·        Grapes sliced
·        Almonds
·        Dried cranberries










   




Salads are a wonderful way to fill up, with a small calorie price tag! My advice is to order a salad before your meal or make a wonderful  salad to take to a party! But remember the rules!
·         Limit your dried fruits and nuts!
·         Look for low calorie dressing and go light on the cheeses!
·         Pile high the veggies and fruits!
·         Avoid high calories meats, and look for lean chicken or fish instead!

Salads can be a great tool to help you lose or maintain a healthy weight, but if you don’t watch your dressing and topping it can actually slow down your weight loss efforts!
 Let me know what you think on Facebook at Always Healthy Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment