Inspiration, Ideas, Tips and Strategies, by Always Healthy Mom

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dear Family Diet Saboteur

I think this is too funny! "A letter to the Family Diet Saboteur"
By: Rebecca Regnier
Check out her Blog at www.doesthisblogmakeuslookfat.com
Dear (
You may have noticed that my
beloved husband/significant other/co-parent/lovely wife/offspring),(butt/gut/thighs) (have/has) spread in the last few
(decades/9 months/weeks/holidays)
a pony keg/preventing me from wearing corduroy as friction may ignite a thigh
fire).
and is now (wider than an ax handle/looking' like
I am trying to
jersey/see my toes/be able to go upstairs without requiring oxygen).
(lose a few pounds/shrink the muffin top/fit into my old footballI have decided to
(count calories/reduce carbohydrates/switch to light beer/move around more).
may notice strange things in the crisper next to the bacon, they're called vegetables.
I will do this with or without your support but seeing as I
TV./tolerate your mother/never missed Muffins w/Mom/never missed Dough-nuts
with Dads)
Please don't
You(let you get the big screenwould appreciate you respect my choices.(offer me seconds/leave leftover pizza/order an extra French fry).
When you say
baked yummy cookies)
talk about my eating plan and you
mother)
(but it's a birthday party/it's only one/you deserve a treat/looked II know you're trying to be nice but it does not help me. When I(roll your eyes/snort/laugh about it with yourit makes me feel (angry/sad/lonely/a teensy bit murdery).
Because I know you love me and want me around to
lawn/drive you places/destroy you when we play Jeopardy)
are a few ways you can
progress is to say
(wash the socks/mow thefor years to come. Here(help/stay out of my way). The proper way to ask me about myhow was your weigh in NOT did you lose anything? If I say
(good/fine/horrifying)
you should just
weight you can say
ounce).
If I have inspired you to
this means I've (not lost/gained/want to beat someone up) and(give me a hug/suggest we take a walk together/shut up). If I say I lost(you look so great/way to go/I still don't think you need to lose anI may or may not share how much I've lost or gained.(get off your butt/eat a carrot/buy me something nice)
great! But if you continue to
psychopath)
also be duly noted.
And keep in mind I
you're the bees knees/know you let me win at Jeopardy)
health means I can better take care of you. If you disregard this letter I have no choice but
Love,
The Nurturing Dieter
(laugh at me/push food on me/load the dishwasher like aI will file it away on the list I keep in my head. If you are supportive it will(love you just the way you are/support your choices/thinkand that taking care of my

No comments:

Post a Comment