Inspiration, Ideas, Tips and Strategies, by Always Healthy Mom

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A United Front

A UNITED FRONT
When it comes to my family's eating habits sometimes I feel like I am in a league of my own! I bring home the veggies while my husband woos the kids with buttered noodles, pop and twizzlers! (SIGH) I can't be the only one this has happened to, am I? It's no wonder my kids have nominated me for  the "worst mom ever" award when it comes to dinnertime at my house. When the other option is high carb, salty, processed food prepared by DAD! Of course my healthy style will get voted down every time!
 *A family needes to be  playing for the same team when it comes to a  healthy lifestyle and raising healthy children! 
 

Here are some ideas to help your family get on the same page...
  • Discuss together the goals of dinner time
  • Work together on shopping list and menu for the family
  • Share dinner time tasks with the entire family
  • Set expectations before the meal begins
  • Make sure dinnertime is enjoyable
  • Make room for special occasions like pizza, and take out
  • Keep regular healthy habits (ex. fruits and veggies, whole grains and lean proteins)
  • Set expectations of frequency of family meals
Please share your ideas of raisning a healthy family on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment