Inspiration, Ideas, Tips and Strategies, by Always Healthy Mom

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Healthier Cookie

 This weekend we made some yummy "healthier" chocolate chip cookies! We changed a few ingredients around to make them as delicious and healthy as week could! I would give them 5 thumbs up because everyone in the family approved! I decided to make some mini versions for the boy's lunch boxes too! I simply followed the Nestle Toll House recipe and made Always Healthy Mom changes when needed.

So here is what we did...


Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup old fashion oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup earth balance
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 egg whites
1 cup chocolate chips




I mixed the dry ingredients  in one bowl and earth balance, egg, vanilla, and honey in a separate bowl.
Then combined both mixture.  Placed on cookie tray and bake at 350 F for 10 min depending on desired size of  cookie.

Remember the cookies will appear darker because of the whole wheat flour. I did not use regular sugar but instead used honey to sweeten them up. My family loved them and I hope yours does too. Remember these are still cookies despite being healthier so eat responsibly!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment